Jay Engel had always wanted to own his own company, and after 25+ years of working in the mortgage industry, he was ready to make the leap. With all of his experience and understanding of how the real estate and home buying process works, Jay is able to be a calming voice of reason, as he helps his clients traverse the jagged landscape of the home buying process. His sense of humor, paired with his informative and detailed home inspection, helps set his clients at ease.
Jay’s goal is to help home buyers make an educated and confident decision about buying a home, providing them with a high-quality, unbiased documentation of the home’s current condition. And, he can wear shorts to work whenever he wants.
In Jay’s free time, he enjoys playing basketball and football with his 9-year-old son.
- Affiliate Member of OCRA (Office of Clients’ Rights Advocacy)
- Member of BNI (Business Networking International)
- Associate Member of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors)
Previous Experiencmp; Certifications
- 25+ years in the Mortgage Industry
- Electrical Apprenticeship, with some experience in commercial electrical
- Installed residential solar systems
- Air Quality Testing
- Mold Testing
Professional Training: Every Pillar To Post home inspector is trained in the classroom and in the field. You can have confidence in the fact that all Pillar To Post inspectors are required to continually upgrade their skills and to keep current with new technologies and professional standards.